Clinician in the field of preclinical and clinical research (f/m/d)
(full time position / payment based on German TV-Ä – Ä1)
The position is initially limited to 24 months.
Within our GO-Bio Start-up project, funded by the German BMBF, we are developing new innovative products for precise clinical genome surgery. In order to realize our Start-up “RecTech”, we are looking for a dedicated employee (w / m / d) to work on medical questions, in particular the implementation of pre-clinical and clinical aspects of genome editing based on sequence-specific recombinases. In addition, the potential employee should perform animal experiments, including the preparation of necessary animal experiment proposals. Furthermore, the communication with regulatory institutions and agencies, as well as the coordination and initiation of all regulatory steps relevant for a human clinical trial are part of the responsibilities. The position offers the exciting opportunity to actively build up an early-stage Start-up.
- University degree in medicine
- Medical approbation
- At least 3 years professional experience in the biotechnological or pharmaceutical industry or, comparable work activities as a medical doctor
- Experiences regarding the preparation and implementation of clinical trials (preparation of clinical development plans and their presentation to regulatory authorities) are desirable
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business-oriented and innovative thinking
- Practical experience and valid certificate for conducting animal experiments are an advantage
- Good knowledge in the field of molecular biology and genetics
- Practical laboratory experiences (DNA / RNA isolation, cloning, PCR, DNA sequencing, genome editing, etc.) are an advantage
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team and network as well as strong communication skills, ability to convince and raise enthusiasm
- Strong sense of responsibility and a reliable, independent working style
- Interesting, independent and diversified work within a spin-off project in the field of genome surgery
- Work in an innovative, experienced and international team
- Professional development perspectives with the establishment and management of the clinical arm of the spin-off project
- Participation in an interface between human medicine and research; and the opportunity of translating research results into clinical application
- A pleasant working environment combined with open communication
- Salary according to German collective agreement for doctors at university clinics (TV Ärzte: https://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/aerzte/uniklinik/)
- Participation in further education and qualification opportunities
Female candidates are especially invited to submit their application; the same also applies to disabled people.
We ask you to apply preferably online in order to make the personnel selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we will also process your written applications (with a stamped return envelope).
Applications received by May 15, 2021 will get full consideration. We are looking forward to your complete application documents including your possible start date. Please send your application as one PDF-file via Email to: email@example.com. For further information, please contact Ms. Mandy Erlitz on +49 (0) 351-463-40277 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org