The professorship Medical Systems Biology of the University Cancer Center (UCC) Dresden is specialized in the scientific field of functional genomics and genome editing. We are analyzing mammalian cancer and stem cells by using diverse genetic tools with the aim to identify, functionally characterize and to repair disease-related genes. Our research group is distinguished by numerous national and international collaboration partners, which guarantee a high level of innovation and interdisciplinarity. As part of the BMBF-GO-Bio project “RecTech”, a genome-editing technology platform is to be developed based on the technology of modified site-specific DNA recombinases.
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Clinician in the field of preclinical research (f/m/d)
(full time position / payment based on TV-Ä – Ä1)
The position is initially limited to 24 months.
We are a Go-Bio-BMBF funded Start-up founding team aiming to develop new innovative products for precise clinical genome surgery. In order to realize the Start-up project “RecTech” we are looking for a dedicated employee (w / m / d) to work on medical questions, in particular the examination of pre-clinical and clinical aspects of genome editing based on sequence-specific recombinases. In addition, the potential employee should perform animal experiments, including the preparation of necessary animal experiment proposals. Furthermore, the communication with the Ethics Committee and other institutions / agencies, as well as the coordination and initiation of all regulatory steps relevant for a human clinical trial are part of the responsibilities. Apart from offering an exciting opportunity to actively build a Start-up, the position will allow the potential employee to creatively establish a company at an early stage.
- University degree in medicine
- Medical approbation
- At least 3 years professional experience in the biotechnological or pharmaceutical industry or comparable work activities as a medical doctor
- Experiences in preparation and implantation of clinical trials (preparation of clinical development plans and their presentation to regulatory authorities) are desirable
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business-oriented and innovative thinking
- ideally work experiences in a Start-up company
- Practical experience and valid certificate for carrying out animal experiments are of advantage
- Good knowledge in the field of molecular biology and genetics
- Practical laboratory experiences (DNA / RNA isolation, cloning, PCR, DNA sequencing, genome editing, etc.) are an advantage
- Excellent level of written and spoken German and English
- Team and network skills as well as strong communication skills, ability to convince and to raise enthusiasm
- Strong sense of responsibility and a reliable, independent working style
- Interesting, independent and varied activity within a spin-off project in the field of genome surgery
- Work in an innovative, experienced and international team
- Professional development perspectives associated to the establishment and management of the clinical arm of the spin-off project
- Participation in the interface of human medicine and research; and the opportunity of translating research results into clinical application
- A pleasant and open communication working environment
- Salary according to TV-Ä – Ä1
- Participation in further education and qualification opportunities
Female candidates are expressly invited to submit their application: the same also applies to disabled people.
For an efficient recruiting process, we encourage you to preferably apply online. Of course, we also equally process your written applications (along with a stamped addressed envelope).
Applications received by 31 January 2020 will get full consideration. Please send your detailed strongly stated application as one PDF-file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact Ms. Mandy Erlitz on +49 (0) 351-463-40277 or e-mail: email@example.com